Okay so Payton is 8 months now I can't believe it! But there is a problem the kid will not sleep in his crib! okay so I know I probably brought this on myself the fist 4 weeks he was born I slept with him on the couch (wrong wrong wrong) and now he sleeps in our bed but not just in the bed he HAS to lay on top of my chest! For naps in morning he will sleep in his crib so thats nice but afternoon naps and at NIGHT he will absolutely not sleep in his crib. I have tried to let him cry and cry and he will scream for 45 min and still be sitting up not even close to sleeping, so of course I go get him I have a hard time with letting cry longer than 45 min. I have also tried the give him a bath, feed him, and lay him down on his tummy but it doesn't work. I also have tried the baby whisperer method where you lay them down pick them up when they cry then lay them back down and repeat the process I did it for over an hour it is didn't help one bit.
So I am asking all those great mommies for help and advice I really want to have Payton sleep in his crib(which is in our room) and get good sleep for all three of us. SO please help me
8 comments:
This is so hard. Some babies just have a hard time settling down, but that is what you want to 'train' him to do himself. I know 45 minutes is AN ETERNITY when you are listening to your baby cry, but maybe increase it by 15 minutes each night...And, still go in and soothe him once in awhile, pat his tummy, put the binkie in, whatever, but don't get him up. In my experience, it is 3 horrible nights in a row and then they finally get it. Hang in there...give it 3 days, really. Good luck. Let us know what you end up trying...everyone and anyone with a baby can use a little bit of help in this area!!
Oh, it's always so hard to change things for babies! Hang in there. I would suggest making sure Peyton can't see you the whole time. Maybe you are already doing that, but since the crib is in your room, I would make sure when you put him down that it's well before you and Zach are in the room. Who knows...it's always hard! Good Luck.
Try the book--The No Cry Sleep Solution, by Elizabeth Pantley. I am a big believer in her teachings.
Ashleigh refused to sleep in her own crib too...so we took off one of the sides of her crib and put the open side up against my side of the bed. I would nurse her to sleep in my bed and then when she was asleep (when we went to bed) I would move her over to her crib. I did that for a good 4 months and the moved her to a toddler bed just after she started walking. I prefer to co-sleep until they are at least a year old...or until I am done nursing (almost 2 years old). Try not to stress too much about it...it's about being consistent, staying calm, and following your instincts. Oh...the Supernanny book also has some great advice about getting kids to sleep in their beds.
Good luck hon! From one mommy to another...I feel for you!
I agree with Rochelle. Put them in their crib and DON'T GET THEM UP. I know it's so, so hard. But the 3 days seems to be magical. For Lexi, it was an hour of crying the first night, 20 minutes the second night and 5 minutes the third night and after that she was able to go to sleep by herself. That was around 4 or 5 months old so I think it's a little harder as they get older cause they are a little more "stubborn" but hang in there! You can do it!
Ur so cute Mindy. Hey, like i said, when ur down about it, look at it as a cuddle time u get w/ur little buy. He will grow up SO fast. Enjoy it while u can. I miss sleeping like that w/Preston and i did that for the first 3 months :)
Oh Mindie I feel ya!! It's so rough when no one's getting a good night's sleep. The only way we got Kenzie to sleep through the night in her own crib was to let her cry it out. I literally had to put earplugs in or headphones and listen to music so I couldn't hear her and then try really hard to think about anything else. It broke my heart to hear her cry. We've let her cry for an hour before she went to sleep one time. I just kept thinking about "baby wise" (my fav. book) that says crying can't physically hurt your baby and it's considered 'exercise'. So I'd tell myself she was exercising before bed and she was going to sleep that much better because of it. It was hard but after about 3 or 4 days she was sleeping in her own crib through the night. Good luck!! :-)
Mindie! You're little guy is so cute. I hate hearing Lillie cry, also. Good luck! You need your sleep, too girl!
Hey Mindie, how are you guys? Its been a while since we've talked, I hope everything is going good. I'm sorry to hear about Payton not sleeping, that is so hard. Hopefully it is getting better! Good luck, and we'll talk to you soon.
Post a Comment