Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finally Pics from our Utah Trip!

Our Utah trip was soooooo much fun! And soooooooo needed!! it had been about 2 years since we have been able to visit so we were so excited to get in the car the week before Thanksgiving. We first stopped in Boise and we were able to stay with my Brother Matthew and his wife Kim and their cute little boy Talmadge (thanks matt and kim) Unfortunately we didn't take pics then the next morning we were back on the road again and headed to Utah! Zac and I have realized that we need to take more pics we def. didn't on this trip I guess we were just having so much fun .
We went with one of our best friends The Campbells to Pirate Island the kids loved it the place was all done like a Pirate Town it made me feel like I was in a restaurant at Disneyland.
Payton right before this pic liked the eye patch but apparently didn't like it so much!
We went with Zac's Mom Cassie to Kangaroo Zoo and had a blast! Thanks mom! The slides were huge Hudson and Payton were in heaven jumping around on everything, what a great place and good exercise the slept so good afterwards.
I was able to stop and have lunch with one of my good friends Mel she and her Hubby just opened up a Jimmy Johns (My favorite sandwich shop) she also owns a Cold Stone down a few stores so she was so Sweet to treat our family to lunch and Ice Cream (love me some cold stone)
I had so much fun catching up with her I am so excited for her to have Her little boy Jay Marley Griffing in Jan.!
We were able to stay with Zac's brother Jesse and Elona and their little boy Preston! The boys had so much fun playing together. Preston has a jump house and they all had a blast getting all their energy out! (thanks Jesse and Elona we had so much fun)
Zac took a bunch of pictures from the trip in this format so here are the boys in the bounce house. (I know its hard to see but its frame by frame and the only pics I have of them playing in the bounce house)
We went over to spend the day with Zac's sister jen and her darling kids Kayva and Beau. We barely saw them they were in the basement the whole time having so much fun! I was able to catch up and talk jen's ear off (thanks jen soooo much love ya)
That night we were all able to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with jesse and Elona and Jen and her Hubby Cody! We had such a great night laughing and talking (thanks mom for watching the kids for us)
And of course we had to visit the Hospital the second to last day!
The story: So we were getting ready to go to breakfast with some of our best friends and in getting into our van , Zac pushed the door open button on the remote and without knowing Hudson pulled the handle it beeped so Zac pushed the button again and it caught his finger in the door. Now you would think with the doors being automatic that should be pressure sensitive it would open back up; but it didn't so I all the sudden heard a squeal like a Siren (I had never heard him scream like that) So anyways I ran in to ask my mother in law what she thought of his hand, she thought he would be okay we let ice sit on it for about an hour and then took him in to the hospital. It was actually nice we were out of there with in a hour which doesn't usually happen (thank you Orem hospital)

They took 3 x-rays and told us that he fractured his phalange bone on the x-ray it looked just like a little crack poor guy! So they wrapped it in a splint and with blue tape (Hudson thought that was pretty cool looking and "Spiderman blue") he only wore it 3 weeks and it is now "buddy taped" almost done 4 weeks for a 3 1/2 year old is a long time!

He woke up the second day and told me "his finger was all better now" I had to explain to him he had a little bit longer to wear it but he did well with it.

We left on sat. headed back to Boise and I got to watch Talmadge and Payton, Hudson ,Zac and my brother Matthew went to a Hockey Game that night and had a blast! (bummer no pictures:(

Thank you to all the houses we stayed at we had the BEST Vacation we Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

manders said...

looks like you guys had a fantastic time in Utah. I am glad you didn't move there we would miss you way too much. Poor huddy glad he is doing well now. Can't wait for our crazy family Christmas. luv you

Unknown said...

your kids are just so so cute!!! Should I start blogging again??? I need to read your blog and catch up.Good luck with your move!!!